Earn Your High School Diploma
Students work with their mentor teacher to determine the best course of action, based on their plans after high school. While completing their Michigan Merit Curriculum, they can also take advantage of work-study, internships, the Calhoun Area Career Center and dual enrollment at Kellogg Community College. Located at Full Blast, the High School Center offers a quiet workspace with teachers available to help.
West Michigan Virtual Academy offers a Michigan public school curriculum, giving our students the opportunity to study a wide variety of subjects. Students can choose from electives that help prepare them for careers in business, health, technology, art, engineering and much more.
Browse our course catalog and discover an education path that works for you!
High School Courses
- Algebra I*
- Algebra II*
- Financial Math** * denotes courses required by the Michigan Merit Curriculum ** denotes courses that can be applied as Senior Math Credits
- Earth Science*
- Environmental Science * denotes courses required by the Michigan Merit Curriculum ** students may take Physics or Chemistry to satisfy MMC requirements
- World History & Geography *
- US History & Geography *
- Human Geography
- Economics *
- Government with Civics * * denotes courses required by the Michigan Merit Curriculum
- English Language Arts 9*
- English Language Arts 10*
- English Language Arts 11*
- English Language Arts 12* * denotes courses required by the Michigan Merit Curriculum
- American Sign Language
- Spanish According to the Michigan Merit Curriculum, students are required to complete at least two semesters of foreign language.
- Lifetime Fitness*
- Introduction to Art**
- Art History**
- Computer Applications
- Anthropology: Uncovering Human Mysteries
- Archaeology: Detectives of the Past
- Criminology: Inside the Criminal Mind
- Culinary Arts**
- Introduction to IT
- Mythology & Folklore: Legendary Tales
- Personal Finance * denotes courses required by the Michigan Merit Curriculum ** denotes courses that fulfill MMC Art requirement
WMVA 2018-19 Annual Education Report
The school’s report contains information about student assessment, accountability and teacher quality.
Get a Jump Start on College
West Michigan Virtual Academy offers college dual enrollment to give students a head start on college coursework. Talk to a WMVA mentor about earning college credit options while completing your high school diploma.